Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2016

There is a blurry-photo problem with blogspot. This is how you fix it.

I have been frustrated with the blogger platform. 
I have taken beautiful photos with my camera and uploaded them into my well composed blogpost, only to find the quality of the photo decrease drastically. I have posted my photos anyway, although feeling a bit embarrassed. What else was I supposed to do? From time to time I have tried googling the problem to find a solution but most of them have been outdated and do not apply to the newer version of blogger and/or google +.

I have finally found the solution! I have gone through all on my old blog posts and fixed the image quality and I can now feel truly proud of my work!

To illustrate what the problem looks like:


Above is a photo that has not been fixed.

Below, as you can see, the image is much clearer.



Here's what I did to get the image quality back to what it should be:

Insert the image into your blog post as you normally would. Right below the name of your blog, you will find two buttons that say "compose" and "HTML". Choose HTML. The image will now appear as code. 

In the second row of the code towards the front, it says "/s1600/". In the last row in the middle, it says "/s640/". You need to change the last number to match the top row number. So, your last number should read "/s1600/".

The last number will vary depending on the image size you choose when you insert the image into your blogpost. Sometimes it reads "/s400/", and sometimes "/s320/". It does not matter what the number reads, all that matter is that you change it to "/s1600/". 

It is easier than you think, and you will be very pleased with the result, as your photos will look the way you intended them to!

My Etsy shop:





No comments:

Post a Comment