Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2015

Autumn Birds

yarn birds



It's october 12, and it's HOT here in Oakland. I've been home today, and will be, every Monday, from now on so that I can work on my Etsy Shop and all of the things that I really want to do. I'm sitting here in my little apartment up in the trees, on the second floor, spying on the squirrels hurrying up and down, back and forth, to gather as many acorns as they possibly can, only to bury them in my flower pots and forget about them.

Somehow, in this October heat that we call "Indian Summer", I am supposed to muster up some Autumn-feelings. Get in the mood for the season. I've been lighting candles at night, planning my daughters Halloween costume and yesterday we went to a pumpkin patch. I'm still waiting for the triggers to trigger and inspire me, but in the meantime my little yarn bird friends do their part from their home on my wall.

/Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment